Governor Signs 2020 Housing Bills – See the List Here
A full list of the bills in the housing and homelessness package can be found here:
- AB 252 by Assemblymember Mia Bonta (D-Oakland) – Floating home marinas: rent caps.
- AB 682 by Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Planning and zoning: density bonuses: shared housing buildings.
- AB 916 by Assemblymember Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) – Zoning: bedroom addition.
- AB 1206 by Assemblymember Steve Bennett (D-Ventura) – Property taxation: affordable housing: welfare exemption.
- AB 1551 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Planning and zoning: development bonuses: mixed-use projects.
- AB 1654 by Assemblymember Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – Low-income housing: insurance tax: credits: farmworker housing.
- AB 1695 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Affordable housing loan and grant programs; adaptive reuse.
- AB 1719 by Assemblymember Christopher Ward (D-San Diego) – Housing: Community College Faculty and Employee Housing Act of 2022.
- AB 1743 by Assemblymember Tina McKinnor (D-Inglewood) – General plan: annual report.
- AB 1837 by Assemblymember Mia Bonta (D-Oakland) – Residential real property: foreclosure.
- AB 1933 by Assemblymember Laura Friedman (D-Glendale) – Property taxation: welfare exemption: nonprofit corporations: low-income families.
- AB 1978 by Assemblymember Christopher Ward (D-San Diego) – Department of Housing and Community Development: powers.
- AB 1991 by Assemblymember Jesse Gabriel (D-Encino) – Motels and hotels: publicly funded shelter programs.
- AB 2006 by Assemblymember Marc Berman (D-Menlo Park) – Regulatory agreements: compliance monitoring.
- AB 2011 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – Affordable Housing and High Road Act of 2022.
- AB 2031 by Assemblymember Alex Lee (D-San Jose) – Mobilehome Residency Law: management meetings with homeowners.
- AB 2094 by Assemblymember Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – General plan: annual report; extremely low-income housing.
- AB 2221 by Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva (D-Fullerton) – Accessory dwelling units.
- AB 2234 by Assemblymember Robert Rivas (D-Salinas) – Planning and zoning: housing: post entitlement phase permits.
- AB 2295 by Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Local Educational agencies: housing development projects.
- AB 2334 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – Density Bonus Law: affordability: incentives or concessions in very low vehicle travel areas: parking standards: definitions.
- AB 2339 by Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Housing element: emergency shelters: regional housing need.
- AB 2483 by Assemblymember Brian Maienschein (D-San Diego) – Housing for individuals experiencing homelessness.
- AB 2651 by Assemblymember Cottie Petrie-Norris (D-Laguna Beach) – Property taxes: welfare exemption: community land trust.
- AB 2653 by Assemblymember Miguel Santiago (D-Los Angeles) – Planning and Zoning Law: housing elements.
- AB 2668 by Assemblymember Tim Grayson (D-Concord) – Planning and zoning.
- SB 6 by Senator Anna Caballero (D-Merced) – Local planning: housing: commercial zones.
- SB 649 by Senator Dave Cortese (D-San Jose) – Local governments: affordable housing; local tenant preference.
- SB 679 by Senator Sydney Kamlager (D-Los Angeles) – Los Angeles County: affordable housing.
- SB 869 by Senator Connie Leyva (D-Chino) – Housing: mobilehome parks: recreational Vehicle parks: manager training.
- SB 886 by Senator Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco) – California Environmental Quality Act: exemption: public universities: university housing development projects.
- SB 897 by Senator Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Accessory dwelling units: junior accessory dwelling units.
- SB 914 by Senator Susan Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – HELP Act.
- SB 940 by Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz) – Mobilehome parks: local ordinances.
- SB 948 by Senator Josh Becker (D-Menlo Park) – Housing finance programs: development reserves.
- SB 959 by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge) – Surplus residential property: use of funds: priorities and procedures: City of Pasadena.
- SB 1252 by the Committee on Housing – Housing.
- SB 1307 by Senator Susan Rubio (D-Baldwin Park) – Department of Housing and Community Development: Mobilehome Parks Act: Special Occupancy Parks Act.
- SB 1396 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Tenancy: credit reporting: lower income households: evaluation.
- SB 1421 by Senator Brian Jones (R-Santee) – California Interagency Council on Homelessness.
- SB 1444 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – Joint powers authorities: South Bay Regional Housing Trust.
For full text of the bills, visit: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov.
Find your representative here
Please Contribute to Livable California Here