ACT NOW against bad bills by:
– DONATING to Livable California: We can’t fight in 2020 without a lobbyist. And they are costly! Please click to Donate, Small or Large, Now!
– JOINING Livable California: Click to join our cause and get legislative updates. It’s free!
– READING the game-changing study: California is jammed with luxury units! Please click to read the facts on the ground!
– VOLUNTEERING: If you have skills or experience analyzing or writing laws, please email [email protected]
– STATEWIDE TELECONFERENCING: We’ll invite you to talk strategy with people statewide, if you Join or Donate, above!
EARLY LIST of bad bills for 2020 (and more to come):
SB 592, The Cosmetology Bill, by Scott Wiener. He gutted the wording of a barbershop law. His new wording lets developers sue cities who reject luxury projects.
AB 725, The McMansion Bill by Wicks, Wiener & Skinner. Rewards oversized luxury projects statewide & provides NO funding for affordable units.
AB 953, The ADU Punishment Bill by Bloom. Like SB 50, it kills single-family zoning and harms homeownership statewide & provides NO funding for affordable units.
Contact your own California Legislator
More Legislative Resources here